- CBS Sunday Morning: Moving House, Literally
- Wall Street Journal, Review: Mapping Beauty Across the Americas
- Architectural Digest Frank Lloyd Wright’s Bachman-Wilson House is Now in Arkansas
- ARTNEWS A Look at Attendance of Major Art Exhibitions
- Wallpaper* FLW’s Bachman-Wilson House Gets New Lease on Life
- Huffington Post: 19 Free Art Museums you should visit over the Summer
- New York Times: Inside Arts: Crystal Bridges Adds Art
- Huffington Post (AP) AR Museum Buys Candy Exhibit for $7M
- Yahoo! News The Newest Hipster Neighborhoods in the U.S.
- Apollo Acquisitions of the Month: Bourgeois and Johns
On-boarding 2.0 was introduced in 2015. Each month three Directors present an overview of their division/department to new hires. After completing the 12-month program, a new hire has had the opportunity to meet each of the Directors and learn about all of the different departments that support the Museum.
HR Staff supported the Scott Family Amazeum team by assisting with two job fairs prior to their opening.
A High School Residential Internship program was piloted in July 2015. Four KIPP-Delta students were selected to participate. The students resided locally for four weeks and completed daily assignments or job shadowed in Guest Services, Advancement Services, Protection Services, Prep Team, Exhibitions, HR, Accounting, Volunteer Services, Culinary, Museum Store, Communications, and Museum Relations. They also attended art talks and lectures, attended senior level meetings, and participated in evaluating our public tours of the collection and trails.
The Museum garnered 214 new volunteers in 2015, and closed the year with a total of 608 active volunteers.
490 volunteers filled 8,416 needs at the museum, and donated 20,496 hours of their time to support the mission of Crystal Bridges.
90% of volunteers who took the museum’s 2015 survey responded that they do significant work, with 99% responding they felt their work is valued by visitors and staff.
353 people participated in an annual appreciation event, enjoying hors d’oeuvres, music, and private time in the museum.
99% of volunteers surveyed responded they receive sufficient support from museum staff and others with whom they volunteer.
Membership Revenue: $1,403,117
- The peak number of membership households for the year was 9,842
- Retention rate for 2015 was 79%
- Membership grew more than 25% in 2015
- 3,271 new households became members in 2015.
- $315,778 was raised from new memberships
- 6,116 households renewed membership this year.
- $1,077,069 was raised through renewals.
- 4,596 Original members have maintained an active membership since he museum opened in 2011.
- 33,334 guests viewed temporary exhibitions for free using members’ complimentary exhibition tickets.
- 3,644 members visited Frank Lloyd Wright’s Bachman-Wilson House early during Member Preview Days.
Board of Directors
Owner, Rocking W Ranch
Buddy D. Philpot
Executive Director, Walton Family Foundation
Board member, Walton Family Foundation
Walton Enterprises, LLC.
Chairman of Tyson Foods, Inc. Board of Directors
President and Chief Executive Officer, Walmart
Professor Emeritus of American Art, Princeton University
President and Chief Executive Officer, Terra Foundation for American Art
Former President, Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art;
Founding President, Lucas Museum of Narrative Art
Founder, Hyde Family Foundations