In 2014 Crystal Bridges acquired 51 works of art: 12 gifts and 39 purchases. By classification: 6 prints,
20 paintings, 15 sculptures, 6 drawings, 2 mixed-media artworks, and one watercolor.
- Artwork: Raphaelle Peale, Corn and Cantaloupe
- Exhibition: Art and Appetite: American Painting, Culture, and Cuisine
De Young Museum, San Francisco, CA
- Artwork: Keith Haring, Moses and the Burning Bush
- Exhibition: Keith Haring: The Political Line
- Artwork: Carroll Cloar, Charlie Mae Practicing for the Baptising
- Exhibition: The Crossroads of Memory: Carroll Cloar and the American South
Peel Compton Foundation, Bentonville
- Artwork: Paul Manship, Group of Bears
- Artwork: Arthur Fitzwilliam Tait, The Life of a Hunter: A Tight Fix
- Exhibition: American Encounters: Genre Painting and Everyday Life
Museum of Arts & Sciences, Macon GA
- Artwork: Nathalie Miebach, Andrea Gail
- Exhibition : The Weather Is Turning Weird
Museum of Fine Arts Boston, MA
- Artwork: Jamie Wyeth, Cornflakes
- Exhibition: Jamie Wyeth
- Artwork: Gilbert Stuart, George Washington
- Exhibition: American Encounters: Anglo-American Portraiture in an Era of Revolution
In 2014, Crystal Bridges has returned 357 artworks loaned from 33 individual and institutional lenders, renewed the loan of 61 artworks from 4 institutional lenders, and received 614 new artworks and objects on loan for exhibition purposes from 125 lenders.
In total, conservation work was conducted on 11 artworks during the year. In accordance with the Museum’s conservation strategic initiative focus on sculpture, in 2014 conservator Paula Hobart carried out a complete assessment of all Crystal Bridges’ sculpture. She provided condition assessments and treatment recommendations for a total of 98 works, and performed conservation work on Saint-Gaudens’ Gertrude Vanderbilt at the Age of Seven, and Portrait of Martha Graham by Marisol, among others. Paintings conservator Nathan Sutton visited Crystal Bridges to provide a detailed condition report and treatment recommendations for Yosemite Falls by Thomas Hill; and artist Robyn Horn made a brief trip to re-stain her sculpture Already Set in Motion.
- Books Purchased: 671
- Books Received: 318
- Books Cataloged: 1,858
- Catalog Searches: 11,621
- Visitors in Library: 11,155
- Books Counted Used: 3,627
- Books Checked Out by Staff: 575
- 11 director-led library guest tours and rare-book viewings
- 15 school tours and library instructions
- Teacher Institute library instruction
- Francis O’Connor of New York City gifted important American archives, including his research on American murals and promised gifts of in-depth research archives of Jackson Pollack.
- Mrs. Maurice Katz of Los Angeles gifted more than 3,000 American books, catalogs, and ephemera.
- Merrill Cheney of Santa Fe gifted a collection of eight American monographs and personal photos of American artists, including the de Koonings, as well as a collection of American art periodicals.
- Kirk Dandridge of Fayetteville, Arkansas, donated a collection of Frank Lloyd Wright portfolios and books.