Top 12 Media Mentions for 2014
New York Times: Crystal Bridges Lines Up Emerging Artists
Wall Street Journal: Crystal Bridges Gives Underappreciated Artists a National Show
CBS Evening News: An Epic Search for America’s Undiscovered Artists
CBS Sunday Morning News: A Treasure Hunt for Undiscovered American Artists
Huffington Post: State of the Art One of the 15 Best Art Exhibitions of 2014
The Art Newspaper: Frank Lloyd Wright's 'Usonian' house rises again in Arkansas
Actively managed social media presence and grew audiences on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn
The average number of full-time employees at the Museum in 2014 is 217.5, an increase of 4.5%.
- setting the highest standards for communication and performance
- creating a system that supports staff’s short-and long-term growth, development, and performance.
- Volunteer Services connected with 161 new volunteers in 2014.
- We targeted individuals under age 25 and connected with 56 new volunteers in that age group, which was up 59% from 2013.
To 673 individuals gave 20,600 hours of service to support the mission of Crystal Bridges.
93% of volunteers who took our 2014 survey responded they felt we are asking them to do significant work, with 98% responding they felt their work is valued by our guests and staff.
- 335 people participated in our annual appreciation event; enjoying brunch, music, and private time in the Museum.
- 98% of volunteers surveyed responded they receive sufficient support from Museum staff and others with whom they volunteer.
- The peak number of membership households for the year was 7,848
- Retention rate for 2014 was 82%
- A total of 46 Member events were held in 2014.
- View all 2014 Members
- 1,768 new households became Members in 2014.
- $256,613 was raised from new memberships; 1,252 Members joined onsite.
- 396 Members joined online.
- 67 Members joined in response to direct mail.
- 146 gift memberships were sold (96 new, 50 renewed).
- 5,519 households renewed membership this year.
- $1,070,149 was raised through renewals.
- Peak membership was 289 for an increase over 2013’s peak by approximately 81%.
- 185 new Members joined and 82 artinfusion Members renewed.
- The total additional revenue from the artinfusion add-on was $10,135.
- Event participation doubled at 1,382 attendees, bringing in $13,303 in ticket revenue.
How Often Do Members Visit Each Year?
Visit more than 10 times!17%
Visit 6 – 10 times24%
Visit 3 – 5 times39%
Visit 1 – 2 times19%
Plan to visit soon1%
Do they plan to renew?
97.1% said YES!